View post (My sad story id like to share)

View thread

dan.lovell
dan.lovell
09/19/2016 3:19 pm
Caponi14, I shared many of your issues back in my 20s through 40s, and I'll not share the specifics here but trust me, I know a bit of what you write of. I'm 56 now and loving life, awesome wife, grandchildren, exceedingly happy I am! You can be too!

The thing is, things CAN get better. The secret is to accentuate the positives in your life, even if you think you may only have one. Ninety percent of digging out of a chronic funk is attitude. Have an attitude of a brighter day is coming, and fake it until you really feel it.

Filter your environment. Remove toxic people from your life. Remove toxic habits, toxic places. Often it is our friends that actually keep us emotionally crippled, even if they do not intend that to happen. Misery loves company, so try to surround yourself with upbeat positive people, and minimize times of idleness, and using sleep as an escape.

Grab life by the balls and know in your heart of hearts that you will get over this thing, and you will be happy again. Part of this is....I dare say....magic....the more you dive into positive thinking, the more positivity comes into your life. I cannot explain how this works, but it does.

Exercise, play the guitar, walk a lot, and run if you can, but walk. Meditate. Eat healthy, study for your career. TAKE THE LONG VIEW...nurture a sense of DELAYED GRATIFICATION, so that you can set reasonable expectations for your life. Unreasonable expectations is a major cause of depression. Be reasonable with yourself, forgive yourself, and love yourself.

Its good you reached out to us. Thats good, but more than that, reach IN...inside of you because at the end of the day, it is you that has to do the hard work, do the deep caring, and find the happy groove.

If I acheived this, you can do I promise.

Please let us know how you're progressing, and you have my prayers, good thoughts, and faith.