GWL Acoustic package

markpetten
Full Access
markpetten
Full Access
05/26/2016 11:09 am
So my wife gave me a guitar as a gift which I appreciate but I'm not sure how good it is. She bought it from Costco and it's the GWL acoustic pack. It came with a mini jumbo (I think, definitely not a dreadnought style), tuner, stand, extra strings and a gig bag. My question is, how good is it? I replaced the strings with a set of D'Addario phosphor-bronze light strings. Any input would be appreciated. Keep in mind this is my first guitar and I'm just a beginner.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/26/2016 4:03 pm
Originally Posted by: markpettenSo my wife gave me a guitar as a gift which I appreciate but I'm not sure how good it is. She bought it from Costco and it's the GWL acoustic pack. It came with a mini jumbo (I think, definitely not a dreadnought style), tuner, stand, extra strings and a gig bag. My question is, how good is it? I replaced the strings with a set of D'Addario phosphor-bronze light strings. Any input would be appreciated. Keep in mind this is my first guitar and I'm just a beginner.

I personally have never purchased the pack but if you look up GWL acoustic pack reviews you can find people who have purchased the pack on Amazon and review it after.

GWL is a trust-worthy brand though, they've been around since 1883 and they are known for making quality guitars at retail price.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
markpetten
Full Access
markpetten
Full Access
06/01/2016 11:41 am
Thanks for the input. I've found most reviews relate to the electric and not the acoustic pack. I think it sounds good (even better since I replaced the strings). I'm just starting out so it's a good learner guitar and being a gift from my wife it means a lot to me. I'll probably upgrade at some point but not that soon. I'll also get an electric at some point too.
# 3
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
06/01/2016 3:51 pm
That sounds good Mark!

Just starting out you don't need anything fancy! You can always upgrade and that's awesome your wife gave you your acoustic set as a gift! It's always good to have people supporting your dreams!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.