Hello

markpetten
Full Access
markpetten
Full Access
05/18/2016 3:37 am
Hey,
New to guitar tricks and playing. I've been saying for years I wanted to learn to play but never tried. A while ago my wife took away my excuses by giving me a guitar. I decided to give guitar tricks a try since I wasn't making progress on my own. Looking forward to learning with you guys.
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/18/2016 3:35 pm
Hey Mark!

Welcome to Guitar Tricks! We are thrilled to have you!

That's very cool your wife is so supportive. I'm sure you will make excellent progress with Guitar Tricks. Our members love to collaborate and help each other out. I hope to see you around in the forums!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
miller134
miller134
05/18/2016 10:21 pm
Nice to meet you, Mark. Do the fundamentals course lesson by lesson, and use the jam tracks and songs you like to utilize that new knowledge. You'll be shredding away in no time.

My only advice would be to set a regimented amount of time daily to practice and stick to it. Many people give up when it seems hard.....if you stick to it you'll be doing what now seems "impossible" without even thinking about it, and loving the results.

Good luck and see you around!

Nathan
# 3
harlandcox
harlandcox
05/19/2016 8:18 am
welcome 2 the party Mark, drinks are on the house ;-)
# 4
markpetten
Full Access
markpetten
Full Access
05/19/2016 1:45 pm
Thanks for the welcome. So here's the thing for me. I've started out with the fundamentals course which is great. The videos are really well done and I'm not overwhelmed with info. I'm not sure what style to progress to after the intro stuff. The guitar I have is an acoustic and according to my knowledgeable friends (one of whom is a guitar teacher) a pretty decent one to start out with. I listen to a pretty eclectic array of music but not sure what I want to play yet. Any advice?
# 5
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/19/2016 3:49 pm
Originally Posted by: markpettenThanks for the welcome. So here's the thing for me. I've started out with the fundamentals course which is great. The videos are really well done and I'm not overwhelmed with info. I'm not sure what style to progress to after the intro stuff. The guitar I have is an acoustic and according to my knowledgeable friends (one of whom is a guitar teacher) a pretty decent one to start out with. I listen to a pretty eclectic array of music but not sure what I want to play yet. Any advice?

I recommend checking out the blues! The blues is a great foundation for other styles :) many styles have been influence by the blues.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 6
markpetten
Full Access
markpetten
Full Access
05/22/2016 3:13 am
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks AdminI recommend checking out the blues! The blues is a great foundation for other styles :) many styles have been influence by the blues.

Thanks! Sounds like a good idea to me then
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.