Tough hammer-on

Dr Buck7
Dr Buck7
05/01/2016 5:57 pm
I am having trouble with a rift that requires playing a strum on D chord with two finger hammer-on on strings 1 and 3. My fingers just can't seem to hit them properly. Anyone know of a way to train old fingers? I thank you.
# 1
bookas58
bookas58
05/01/2016 11:04 pm
Just had a look at your problem . Assuming it is an open D on the e,b and g strings . Try fretting the d on the second string first , then with the first and second fingers touching at the last knuckle hammer on the g and e strings , this way they should hit the strings at the same time . Keep your finger close to the fretboard , the shorter the distance you have to move the more accurate you will be . Doesn't matter if you touch the b string , it's already fretted further down . An alternative if you are having a co-ordination problem , fret the d on the second string and use your index finger to to barre across the e, b and g strings . Hope it helps . Practice .
# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/03/2016 4:14 pm
Good tips bookas58!

DrBuck7 we have this great article on hand technique tips, in it you will find some tutorials that should help you as well:

https://www.guitartricks.com/blog/index.php?p=Why-Your-Fingers-ARE-Good-Enough-for-Guitar
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.