View post (resetting up after changing strings gauge :/)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/02/2017 3:12 pm
Originally Posted by: rahafmrahafm [br] I changed my guitar'strings gauge from Meduim to Extra Light because i realized i't easier to play and have brighter sound !
[/quote]

Although lighter gauge strings can be easier to play, it might not be worth it because it might change the overall sound & playability of your guitar too much. And unfortunately, it sounds like this is what happened in your case.

Depending on what kind of guitar you have (acoustic or electric), it might be best to just go back to medium strings.

[quote=rahafmrahafm] [br]some people told me that i have to have my guitar setup ..[br]so , i searched online about guitar setup[br]Before i do anything , is these steps are correct and can't ruin my guitar :[br]1- removing strings[br]2-Adjusting the truss rod (loosen )[br]3- lower the saddle .[br]4- restring guitar.

You could do serious irreversible damage to your guitar by adjusting the truss rod or (if it's an acoustic) lowering the bridge by sanding it down if you are not experienced. Take it to a trustworthy music store in your area. In the long run, a little money spent on a good set up by a pro is cheaper than buying a new guitar.

Be careful with your guitar!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory