View post (Guitar Rig Vs Amplitude)

View thread

davnak33405
davnak33405
04/28/2016 6:44 pm
So I have been looking around at different amp sims trying to find the best (most realistic) one on the market that is still affordable. Yes, I know amp sims will never be as good a the real thing, but right now I can't afford to get a Marshall Stack or Peavey Stack. What I am looking for in this is something that I can use to:
1. Practice without bothering roommates
2. Record (typically distorted) electric guitar
3. Get the most realistic sound as if I had a real stack miced.

I have narrowed down my selection between guitar rig and amplitude. I already own a lot of software and hardware from Native Instruments, so I already trust their talent in programming. However, in my testing of the free versions of guitar rig and amplitude, I was not extremely impressed with Guitar rig, I think a lot of it has to do with that fact that most of the amps they give you for free are these old classic rock sounding one, as opposed to the more modern alternative rock sound. Amplitude has a similar issue, but I kind of like the sounds better.

What I am asking all of you guys is for you personal opinions and experiences with the full versions of these programs.

Thanks in advance!