Hello all....just signed up

miller134
miller134
04/20/2016 12:50 am
Hello everyone!

My Name's Nathan, and I just signed up. I've been playing for several years but have recently been blessed with enough time to practice for a couple of hours daily. I look forward to playing with a band as soon as I can and mastering the instrument.

The site looks great so far.....if you haven't seen the song lessons, they are wonderful. extremely in depth and clear. Just put in the time and you'll be playing it perfectly.

See you around!
# 1
harlandcox
harlandcox
04/20/2016 7:19 am
welcome dude
# 2
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/20/2016 4:58 pm
Welcome to Guitar Tricks! I am happy to hear you are enjoying our song lessons! Keep us posted on your progress, we are always eager to hear how our members are doing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 3
miller134
miller134
05/17/2016 9:49 pm
Well, it's been almost a month and I think I'll extend my stay. I've found my level in the core learning series, right at the end of the blues level 1 lessons. At that point, I've hit some things I can't already do backward and forward.

My compliments to Anders Mouridsen on putting together very useful lessons for the blues series. He's extremely clear and methodical in the lessons, and more importantly focuses on the real meat and potatoes of making music. Any aspiring player would do well to take that course. I've taken several of those lessons and licks right into my playing with good results.

I'm already getting some potential bandmates together to start learning some songs, so I'd say within 6 months we should be gigging, which is my goal.

At any rate, just wanted to register that I've been quite happy with the GT website and will recommend it to others who want to learn.

Now you need to start "bass tricks" and "drum tricks" sites.......lol....
# 4
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/17/2016 11:24 pm
Originally Posted by: miller134Well, it's been almost a month and I think I'll extend my stay. I've found my level in the core learning series, right at the end of the blues level 1 lessons. At that point, I've hit some things I can't already do backward and forward.

My compliments to Anders Mouridsen on putting together very useful lessons for the blues series. He's extremely clear and methodical in the lessons, and more importantly focuses on the real meat and potatoes of making music. Any aspiring player would do well to take that course. I've taken several of those lessons and licks right into my playing with good results.

I'm already getting some potential bandmates together to start learning some songs, so I'd say within 6 months we should be gigging, which is my goal.

At any rate, just wanted to register that I've been quite happy with the GT website and will recommend it to others who want to learn.

Now you need to start "bass tricks" and "drum tricks" sites.......lol....

Glad to hear you are enjoying our lessons Miller! Anders is a great instructor, his blues lessons are a hit! You can always contact him in the Full Access forum if you have any questions or just want to say hi!

What kind of music are you planning on playing with your band? Blues? Starting a band is exciting, will you keep us posted?

Haha! We do get requests for bass lessons quite often! Who knows what the future holds, but for now we are all about rocking on the guitar haha. Thanks for the positive feedback, it really makes our day to hear your experiences.
# 5
compart1
compart1
05/19/2016 8:43 pm
I thought that bass was the same as guitar, just lower octaves... and two less string.. I might be wrong cause I don't play bass..
# 6
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/19/2016 11:29 pm
Originally Posted by: compart1I thought that bass was the same as guitar, just lower octaves... and two less string.. I might be wrong cause I don't play bass..

You are correct! There is a bit more to it, but you get the gist.

"The simplest difference between guitar and bass guitar is the pitch range of the instruments. Bass guitar plays notes an octave lower than a regular guitar. Think of the song 'Another One Bites the Dust' by Queen. The first few notes you hear are the sound of the bass guitar."

This article summarizes it very well:
http://www.studybass.com/gear/bass-guitar-buying-guide/guitar-and-bass-differences/
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.