Alternate picking over multiple strings

rsingh.music
rsingh.music
02/16/2016 4:22 pm
Hi,
I'm a recent subscriber to guitar tricks. I get to see quite structured lessons here. They are very helpful for core learning.
I'm practicing over scales, and have reached 16 notes level at 90 bpm. The problem is that when I try to increase the pace and transition to a different string, the rhythm breaks down. The pick invariably strikes the note uncontrollably. I do understand that it has to do with the way to pick that I have not been able to figure out.
Please suggest. Thanks.
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
02/16/2016 7:17 pm
Originally Posted by: rsingh.musicHi,
I'm a recent subscriber to guitar tricks. I get to see quite structured lessons here. They are very helpful for core learning.
I'm practicing over scales, and have reached 16 notes level at 90 bpm. The problem is that when I try to increase the pace and transition to a different string, the rhythm breaks down. The pick invariably strikes the note uncontrollably. I do understand that it has to do with the way to pick that I have not been able to figure out.
Please suggest. Thanks.

At that point, I'd say you just need to slow down the speed or find slow songs to practice along with.

Have you tried practicing alternate picking patterns using a metronome set on a slow bpm? Might be a good place to start.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.