View post (FAO the)

View thread

pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
07/16/2002 2:57 pm
Just curious about the WEM's, around here the rare and seldom seen Selmer goes for a stout price and a body part or two, are Zemaitis's worth $$$$$?, well, high grade, hand made, limited quanity and big name recognition, certainly has all the requirements for collectibilty, I know they were very expensive and hard to get instruments when new, so if I was to throw down that kind of huge dollars on a guitar, I'd say the Z would be a prime choice, but it would be such a pure investment that it would be under lock and key and I'd have to keep my clumsy hands off from it, books on tube amps, I recommend, "Tube Amp Talk for the Guitarist and Tech", and "A Desktop Reference of Hip Vintage Guitar Amps", both by Gerald Weber (Kendricks Amps), "Inside Tube Amps" by Dan Torres, most of the stuff is on Fenders and Marshalls, but that info applies to most tube amp made, Ken Fischer of Trainwreck Amps has a section in both of Weber's books, those 3 books have enough info in them to keep a person busy for years, another old hard to find book that can probaly be referenced on the web is The Radiotron Designers Handbook, it was the golden text of the tube audio industry for years and probaly still is, lots of circuit design info in it, just remember though, distortion was a bad thing when that book was written..............