Digitech Trio - please explain

mrsoul55
mrsoul55
02/11/2016 2:56 am
I'm not a master musician or anything but the Digitech Trio sounds intriguing. From what I understand it recognizes the chord progression you teach it and plays bass and drums to match. So if I added a looper the Trio would play the backing and the looper would repeat my chord progression and therefore I can work on trying to come up with riffs and solos and things while all that is going on. Is that a correct understanding?

Apparently there is a new version of the Trio that includes a looper but from the videos I've seen you basically have to play your chord progression once to teach and then again to loop. At least that what I understood.

Anyway, anyone have one of these? Looking for opinions.
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
02/11/2016 3:24 am
Originally Posted by: mrsoul55I'm not a master musician or anything but the Digitech Trio sounds intriguing. From what I understand it recognizes the chord progression you teach it and plays bass and drums to match. So if I added a looper the Trio would play the backing and the looper would repeat my chord progression and therefore I can work on trying to come up with riffs and solos and things while all that is going on. Is that a correct understanding?

Apparently there is a new version of the Trio that includes a looper but from the videos I've seen you basically have to play your chord progression once to teach and then again to loop. At least that what I understood.

Anyway, anyone have one of these? Looking for opinions.

This is the first I've ever heard of the Digitech tri but it seems like a pretty cool idea. Based on this demo video it's a pretty legit piece of gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4484J3JhYGY

Anyone else own one or have experience with it?
# 2
kvsealegs
kvsealegs
05/30/2016 12:30 am
I just recently purchase the Trio. I love it. You simply play a succession of chords that you want to play over and it comes up with drums and a bass guitar to match. There are lots of settings to find a good match for what you want to play over, and I think it adjusts to your playing after a bit of playing. It's really a lot of fun to jam with.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.