Places to Gig in Various States

johnv31552
johnv31552
01/29/2016 2:54 pm
Guitar Tricks is a wonderful site, and although I have looked at Musicians Life, here is something to consider. Not sure if its possible but have you ever considered adding another forum where musicians can list open gig sites in the various states, and have it listed by state? For example, I am sure there are a lot of beginners like myself that might want to either form a band, join a band, or at least get some exposure by playing local gigs in their respective areas. Call it The Gig Forum or whatever, and then subscribers can meet each other at various sites in their states that have open mic nights at bars etc.? Almost every musician here needs to practice and having a place to go would be amazing. It would help if everyone wanted to do it, to have the ability of listing their email so contact can be made all over the country. Your Thoughts?
# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
02/02/2016 7:12 pm
Hi johnv31552,

That's a good one, we hadn't thought of something like that before.

Ben
# 2
compart1
compart1
02/03/2016 6:19 pm
Hi johnv31552
Take a look at www.bandmix.com.. I don't know if any post gig venues, but they do have a searchable by location for people look to start add or join bands.. they also are on facebook where you might pick up some venues listed..
# 3
maggior
maggior
02/03/2016 9:20 pm
Originally Posted by: compart1Hi johnv31552
Take a look at www.bandmix.com.. I don't know if any post gig venues, but they do have a searchable by location for people look to start add or join bands.. they also are on facebook where you might pick up some venues listed..

Yeah, bandmix is set up for that. My sense is that the active members are spread really far apart and that it will be the rare occasion that members with similar interests and playing levels would happen to be near eachother.

Your local music shop can be a good resource. Most have bulletin boards you can post things like "guitarist looking for band". Some stores even have programs where you can sign up and be put together with other students to form a band...and taught how to function as a good one. That is actually how I got started.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.