Callous Solution What Worked for Me

johnv31552
johnv31552
01/29/2016 11:43 am
Hope this helps all the beginners out there. I started to pick up the guitar about two months ago, and was able to build callouses on my finger tips within about a month of playing. I played short sessions of practice, like 15 minutes at a time, and then dipped the tips of my fingers in rubbing alcohol. It seemed to develop them very quickly, and worked well for me. One caution for beginners, do not start playing right after you have taken a shower or bath, or washed dishes as your fingers are delicate when you have had them in water. Wait at least a half hour before you start playing, so that the moisture has evaporated from your pores. Try the alcohol, it worked for me.
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
01/29/2016 6:48 pm
Originally Posted by: johnv31552Hope this helps all the beginners out there. I started to pick up the guitar about two months ago, and was able to build callouses on my finger tips within about a month of playing. I played short sessions of practice, like 15 minutes at a time, and then dipped the tips of my fingers in rubbing alcohol. It seemed to develop them very quickly, and worked well for me. One caution for beginners, do not start playing right after you have taken a shower or bath, or washed dishes as your fingers are delicate when you have had them in water. Wait at least a half hour before you start playing, so that the moisture has evaporated from your pores. Try the alcohol, it worked for me.

Interesting idea. Thanks for sharing!
# 2
RCB-CA-USA
RCB-CA-USA
01/30/2016 12:36 pm
Originally Posted by: johnv31552One caution for beginners, do not start playing right after you have taken a shower or bath, or washed dishes as your fingers are delicate when you have had them in water. Wait at least a half hour before you start playing, so that the moisture has evaporated from your pores. Try the alcohol, it worked for me.

Rock Tips. Amazing solution. I take care of somebody's dogs and wash dishes frequently, was my hands frequently, often practice in-between chores, don't have time to wait. So, I researched callous solutions and found Rock Tips. I apply it in the morning and as needed throughout the day. Zero issues now. Plus, I always used dish gloves when washing dishes, dish soap generally is nasty, Palmolive Original works best for me. Also, if your hand soap is drying out your hands, find a brand that doesn't. Coconut oil will fix soap burn.

Go to Strings And Beyond and search for Rock Tips and look for a picture of what Smoke On The Water played intensely will do to a finger tip going from 9 to 10 gauge strings without building up callouses for 10's. I was thinking...yeah, yeah, wow...I'm doing this on 10's?, these strings sound great? ...rip.

Rock Tips, get it.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.