Full Step Down Tuning

johnv31552
johnv31552
01/25/2016 10:44 pm
Mike, thanks again for your lessons. You flat kick butt as an instructor. I d tuned all my strings for a full d drop to play guitar one part on Bad Moon Rising, and for some reason it sounded too high to me. Tried amp settings you suggested, but I had a question. My amp is a simple Practice amp that came with my Keith Urban NightStar Electric, and its a really good guitar with a nice low action, and I replaced original strings with Daddario 10 46 gauge, because I bend now and then. I am not sure what you mean about setting the presence to 65%. My amp has Gain, and an in out switch for drive or clean, and bass, mid, treble and reverb. Let me know. Thanks
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/25/2016 11:19 pm
Hey there! Since there are so many different types of amps, I try to give a broad list of settings that will get you in the ballpark.

The presence control appears on many amps (but not all, as you know in your case), and is essentially another type of Treble (or High). If your amp doesn't have one, it's not anything to worry about.

Equalization controls are centered around a certain frequency range, and with amps that have both a Treble (or High) control AND a Presence control, they affect differing frequency ranges.

Essentially it would just allow more fine tuning in the tone shaping.

Hope this helps!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.