House Arpeggiation

johnv31552
johnv31552
01/21/2016 1:29 pm
Mike:
Love the way you teach, and how you go over it at least three or four times. That is frickin awesome. I have a question about your arpeggiation. I usually just arpeggiate from the 5th string down on all chords, and back up on 2nd and 3rd strings for all of it. Is that ok? Love having a guitar back in my hands after 48 years of not playing and I might just go to an open mic gig next Tuesday and play this. I use your arpeggiation only if I miss a string I might hit high E twice. Thanks for the lesson. Great Job. Sitting here rehearsing it over and over this Thursday till I get it in my head as memorized.
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/21/2016 3:57 pm
Hey Johnv!

There aren't really any rules when it comes to playing guitar. If it sounds good, it is good!:) The arpeggiation pattern I'm teaching in the tutorial is how it was played on the original recording. That doesn't necessarily mean you need to play it exactly that way to enjoy it or make it sound good. I encourage all guitarists to take what they can from every lesson, add the concepts and techniques to your guitar toolkit, but most of all, experiment with all of it and come up with unique parts and new sounds.

Cheers!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.