View post (GT is /Awesome)

View thread

RCB-CA-USA
RCB-CA-USA
01/30/2016 12:02 pm
When in jr. high school, ...1973, during guitar class, the teacher said I'd be a good drummer. ...boring, too easy. The guitar is very challenging for me for many reasons. But, I like a challenge and love the sound of a guitar. Some people are born with the gift of guitar, others have to work hard at it. I have to work hard at it, very hard.

Anyways, I always had a guitar around since I was 5. Only practiced here and there due to time constraints, or lack of a good guitar, got frustrated learning. Took lessons in college. Took private lessons. Tried teaching myself. Tried many web sites. Finally, I found GT and Guitar Principles and my playing has improved dramatically.

I've tried other sites, didn't work for me. The teachers on GT are amazing, get into the minutia necessary to play well, go nice n' slow, and with few exceptions, the songs are exact, plus they teach many of my favorite songs.

Finally, I'm able to relax and play. I'm hoping to do some sort of performance wherever next year.

Like school books, with GT, you get out of it what you put into it!

And, whenever there's an issue, the replies are quick, the fixes quick. ...still waiting on a song I requested, but I know that it's a complex process to get a song up and there's lots of other requests. So, I'm good with GT, tickled pink actually! And, I know a lot about guitars and music. These guys are pros, big.

Thank you!