Prs

spheinrich6
spheinrich6
01/17/2016 2:18 am
I'm currently playing a Paul Reed Smith S2 Custom 24. I've owned a Gibson Les Paul, Epiphone SG and a couple of Fender Strats. The PRS Custom series is the best of both worlds. I can easily get that Les Paul or Fender sound from this one guitar just by using the push/pull pot to switch between single coil or full humbucker. The neck shape is wonderful. Overall this is a great guitar. Would recommend to anyone.
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
01/18/2016 2:08 am
Originally Posted by: spheinrich6I'm currently playing a Paul Reed Smith S2 Custom 24. I've owned a Gibson Les Paul, Epiphone SG and a couple of Fender Strats. The PRS Custom series is the best of both worlds. I can easily get that Les Paul or Fender sound from this one guitar just by using the push/pull pot to switch between single coil or full humbucker. The neck shape is wonderful. Overall this is a great guitar. Would recommend to anyone.

Hard to go wrong with any PRS, even the cheaper SE models.
# 2
drawshot1975
drawshot1975
01/19/2016 10:18 pm
I couldn't agree more.

I started learning guitar 3 months ago...at the young, young age of 40. I grabbed a Squire Strat as my first, and that lasted all of 2 weeks. I knew, almost immediately, that there was far more to be had. I snagged an Epi LP which was nice, but heavy as hell. I took a shot in the dark, and based upon suggestions from my local shop, I bought a PRS SE Custom 24. Fell in love...hard. I have since sold the Squire and Epi, and bought a Tremonti Custom SE and. 245 SE.

I now own what I believe to be the very best 'learning guitars' on the planet.

Each one has a special feel and sound...and I adore them.

In a couple years, I'm buying a USA version. I'm a PRS guy, for life.

Any company that can make guitars that make ME sound decent has got to be magical!!!! :)
# 3
spheinrich6
spheinrich6
01/30/2016 2:34 am
Lol! I fell in love with PRS the first time I picked one up. It was a Custom 24. Took me about 30 seconds.
# 4
sshack3
sshack3
09/07/2016 4:19 am

Like drawshot i am in the same boat.. newbie 45 yrs old.. read many reviews and you tube videos on which guitar to buy to start off with. the popular newbie guitar of choice seemed to be the Epiphone les paul special 2 i guess as a cheap($200) but decent starter. Went with that. it lasted 1 month i got the itch for something better. I felt from my research about $300 more($500-600 range guitar) you get into very good guitars, where your sound is better all around and you have more tone choices as well it closes the gap significantly on the big named custom guitars.

I went with the PRS SE standard 24. That is the newer cheapest line from PRS made in indonesia. Wow was I impressed. For $500 new it has to be best in class. check it out. It's a guitar you can grow with and good enough to take on stage imo.

now i need to just learn to play haha
# 5
maggior
maggior
09/08/2016 2:44 pm

I had a PRS Custom 24 S2 for a month and returned it. It was a gorgeous very well made guitar, but I just couldn't "bond" with it for some reason. I wanted to love that guitar, but just couldn't. I got a Les Paul instead and found it gave me the sound I was looking for.

To my ears, it could get close to an LP sound but not quite there...and the same for a strat sound.

It's been a few years. I should try one again now that I have more experience and see what I think. I'm not big on whammy bars, so I'm more drawn to something like the Mira with it's quirky design.

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.