View post (New Apps Released! iPhones & Android Phones now supported!)

View thread

BrianHuc
Full Access
BrianHuc
Full Access
12/31/2015 12:47 am
First off thanks for all the effort in bringing a mobile app out!

While I don't use it much on my iPhone 6s, I find it a GREAT TOOL on my iPad PRO and that gets used frequently and is my preferred method of working with GuitarTricks.com. The massive screen just makes it a pleasure to view video and notation/scores.

There is however, an inconsistency between hardware versions that drives me nuts and makes the app much less useful. I've used the product on iOS 9.2 running on an iPhone 6s, iPad Air, iPad Air2, and iPad Pro and the issue is consistent across all devices.

Problem:
Portrait (vertical) orientation is NOT correctly supported on iPads when viewing Notation Full Screen

To see Correct Behavior - Do This:
1. Launch a song lesson on an iPhone (e.g. iPhone 6s iOS 9.2)
2. Press Notation in any of the song lesson series
3. Press Full Screen Icon
4. Rotate the device
5. Observe: The screen display rotates to support either landscape or portrait orientation - correct behavior

To see the Problem/Incorrect Behavior - Do This:
1. Launch a song lesson on an iPad (e.g. iPad Pro iOS 9.2)
2. Press Notation from any of the song lesson series
3. Press Full Screen Icon
4. Rotate the device
5. Observe: The screen display *does NOT* rotate. The Notation does appear full screen in a Portrait Orientation. This is incorrect. When Full screen rotating the screen should flip the notation display correctly as it does on an iPhone described above

Running Guitar Tricks App version 1.3.1 from Dec 29th
What's odd is that rev. specifically notes a 'fix' to prevent rotation into portrait orientation. That doesn't make any sense - as there are times when Portrait it needed/desired. If I want to lock the orientation I'll just use the iOS system level lock rotation feature/// or add that as a setting option with your app. But being able to see stuff full screen vertically should not have been removed

Thanks guys and keep up the great work

Cheers
Huc