View post (NOOOOOOoooOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooooOOOOO!)

View thread

jesse sutton
jesse sutton
12/22/2002 6:26 am
okay i have two horrible stories.

1) i am in a music store with a friend, and i decide to take a telecaster down from the wall hook. well as some may know, the headstock is thinner then the normal telecaster size, and when i tried to put it back in the hooks, it stayed for about a second or two, before crashing down about two metres. i had turned around, before it fell, and all i heard was this massive crash, but with some sort of musicality behind it. i turn around once more to discover, the tele, lying on the ground next to wooden piano. a little kid had been playing the piano, and was almost smashed in the head by the tail end of the guitar. i rush over there, and pick up the guitar as careful as possible, hoping that i didnt ruin it. the employees rush over, to discover the guitar is in perfect condition, but the piano has a humongous chunk missing in the edge. they were all worried about there damaged piano, but i was still upset about the tele. since i knew the guys well, the said that they wouldnt make me pay for the damages, which were around $600. i got off the hook that time, but i get some odd looks when i return to the store.

2) i got my younger child, (a yamaha acoustic,) in the backback thingy, and i am walking to school. i have to cross over a set of tracks, that run up a hill, and on the other side, there are some big stone blocks that are about four feet high, that just keep the little hill from eroding. well i had to jump off the lowest stone to get to the path, but as i jump, i realize i didnt jump out far enough, and i smash the bottom of my acoustic, at full force against the stone. it took a chunk out of the bottom that was about the size of a tennis ball. i almost died right there. luckily the wood didnt shatter and i was able to glue the piece back in place. i couldnt get it professionally done, because i was broke, and although it doesnt look perfect, it still worked out in the end.

Those are my stories. I wont be offended if you all hate me now, because of this lack of care for such a wonderful instrument. Although i am EXTREMELY careful now.

life is all about having sex with beautiful women.