pro tools-first

11/05/2015 11:17 pm
I have the free version of pro tools-first, can anyone pls give me some insight on how to record on this..i did make some drum beats,but that's all. thank you
# 1
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
11/09/2015 6:41 pm
Originally Posted by: axe2I have the free version of pro tools-first, can anyone pls give me some insight on how to record on this..i did make some drum beats,but that's all. thank you

I'm fairly certain you'll need some sort of a USB interface, like the ones from AudioBox.

Do you have one of those?
# 2

11/09/2015 7:46 pm
Hello,
I'm using my eleven rack for an interface.
I made a few drum beats,but that's it, I can't even drop a bass line.
The engineer @ Sweetwater synced the two together,I have all necessary drives....
Let me say if I want to add some bass , I go to the left side of the screen click on bass and a green pop up with knobs and settings to adjust, but that's how far as I get caint reproduce anything.

Thank you for your help, I would love to get this working and this is suppose to be the easy version of pro tools.lol
# 3
GT Staff
Administrator
GT Staff
Administrator
11/10/2015 6:31 pm
Originally Posted by: axe2Hello,
I'm using my eleven rack for an interface.
I made a few drum beats,but that's it, I can't even drop a bass line.
The engineer @ Sweetwater synced the two together,I have all necessary drives....
Let me say if I want to add some bass , I go to the left side of the screen click on bass and a green pop up with knobs and settings to adjust, but that's how far as I get caint reproduce anything.

Thank you for your help, I would love to get this working and this is suppose to be the easy version of pro tools.lol

Unfortunately, I'm not experienced in Pro Tools much at all. I've used Audacity and a PreSonus Audiobox to record my stuff haha.

Anyone else who knows PT have thoughts on this?
# 4
maggior
maggior
11/10/2015 9:54 pm
Hey Axe2 -

I didn't even know they had a free version of pro tools. Interesting...

I've used Audition in the past and am currently using Reaper. I haven't recorded in a while so I'm actually Relearning Reaper :).
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.