Fast As You

SJWeissen
Full Access
SJWeissen
Full Access
08/31/2015 5:40 pm
I have throughly enjoyed you lesson on Fast as You and have it completely down, with one little exception. I can't for the live of me at any speed or fingering (I can think of) get that full triad bend in the solos to sound cleanly or bend consistently. Any advice you may have would be much appreciated. Or is just a matter of time and developing hand strength?
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/31/2015 5:56 pm
Hey there! Great question!

First off, make sure you are not using a floating tremolo bridge (like a Floyd Rose whammy system), as since the bridge is floating, it will be very difficult to bend more than one note in tune.

Hand strength is a big factor in being able to pull off these multi-string bends smoothly and cleanly. One exercise would be to just repeat the triad bend over and over, moving it up and down the neck (between 7th and 15th frets - lower frets would be very difficult because of the higher tension), focussing on trying to make the bends sound as even and in-tune as you can.

Drilling this simple exercise a few minutes a day for a week, or even a month, can make a dramatic difference in hand strength and bend control.

Let me know how it goes!
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.