View post (Fender Mustang 1 v2)

View thread

daviddergute
daviddergute
08/06/2015 3:24 am
I bought the Fender Mustang 1 v2 in Limited Edition Silver a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it was time I share my thoughts with you.

The amp looks cool. My seven year old talked me into the silver version. It has silver tolex and a black grill cloth; sort of a negative of the standard black amp.

It is 20w 1x8 modeling amp, and has been reviewed (very positively) many times on the net and Youtube. So far, I think it sounds great. I bought it to find some really cool cleans, and that is exactly what I found. I don't play metal; although, I've had some fun playing with some of those models.

I like the on-board effects as well as those that can be used through the FUSE software. FUSE adds extra depth to the amp, and my amp is tied to my computer with the three foot USB cable that came with it. I have added two presents, and I found it easy to load them into the amp. When you save a preset, you erase the old one. Don't panic, you can get them back individually therough the FUSE community, or you can turn the amp back to all of the old presets.

This is my first modeling amp, and I found it strange that, when you select a preset, the knobs have nothing to do with what you are hearing. Only when you turn a knob does the knob become active.

I heard that you can only adjust the mids by using the FUSE software, and people find that annoying. Here is a secret that I only found in one place: Hold the EXIT button and turn the treble knob to adjust the mids. There. That was worth the price of admission.

I'm really enjoying this little amp. Let me know your secrets and share your opinion of the Mustang 1 v2.

Thanks,
David

2016 Standard Telecaster in Lake Placid Blue

2016 Yamaha FSX800c in Ruby Red

2016 Fender Super Champ X2