View post (Anyone think 80's guitarists sucked)

View thread

ezshuffle
ezshuffle
07/24/2000 7:38 pm
wow...what a loaded response...80's guitar players sucked...i know and have played with 1000's of guitar players, and not once did i look at any of them and say "they suck"...music and guitar playing is an expression of one's innermost feelings...i was taught a lesson from everyone i played or listened to

do you guys consider yourselves better than most???? then you missed the whole point of guitarplaying...shredding is a style just as blues and jazz is a style.

take bruce lee's motto..."experience everything, and use what works for you"...somethings may not work for you but by responding that they suck or a particular style does not soothe your palate the way it affects others is disrespectful...i may not like the car you drive...but if i have never driven it should i say it sucks???

everytime i talk to any new guitar players i jam with or even meet without hearing them or them not hearing me...they always ask who i listen to...i respond by telling them, "everybody and everything"

i grew up in the eighties listening to evh and jeff beck...by reading magazines that did interviews with these two guitarists i realized they listened to others as well...eddie listened to chopin and clapton...jeff beck listened to albert king and other blues greats..then i read articles about clapton and how he appreciated the works of robert johnson and freddie king and bb king...wow all that from listening to eruption and people get ready

now i listen to eric johnson and danny gatton, segovia and sharon isbin...miles davis and john coltrane...louis armstrong and wes montgomery...and alot of other people that play in my area...i learn from all

george lynch is an eighties guitarist that is phenomenal so is randy rhoads...i tried going back in decades to see if there was any ten year period that was not revolutionary for the guitar...i couldn't find it, maybe you can enlighten me?

please take this as an educational response to make you appreciate all forms of music...you have a right to say you did not like a particular piece of music...one man's junk is another man's treasure...but out of respect to alot of guys here please do not say their idols suck...it is disrespectful of both the people you are offending and the artists who are playing the music...

now if anyone could explain rap to me i would be forever grateful...just kidding