View post (Anyone think 80's guitarists sucked)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/23/2000 10:00 pm
HEY!
Let us not forget the 80's saw most of Stevie Ray Vaughan's professional career. Now I'm not a fan of new wave, hair metal, or shredding for that matter, but I have to respect that there is talant there- even if I don't like the musical focus.
As for today's music, well I have to step up to the plate. Many good bands are actually out there and doing their thing, (even ones I don't like). How can anyone say that music today sucks when you have Primus on the scene, playing a very unique style of music, and playing it with a great deal of talant. Also, take Charlie Hunter (he's that sick bastard who plays an 8 string guitar so he can play the bass and guitar parts at once). Or Incubs, they are versital, interesting to listen to, and have something to say, on top of being excellant musicians. Let us not forget the Stone Temple Pilots, still kicking around, and still doing their thing, and Dean is still using the most demented chords of anybody playing today. I could keep going, however that would be obnoxious.

I do respect you right to not like music. I don't like alot of music as well, but you won't ever hear me saying a certain genre of music sucks. I used to think that way, but the more I've learned about music, the more I've realized that good music can be found anywhere.

[This message has been edited by Raskolnikov (edited 07-23-2000).]
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons