New member from Germany

eric.kaiser.de
Full Access
eric.kaiser.de
Full Access
06/13/2015 9:38 am
After a couple of days with guitar tricks I think it's time to introduce myself.

I can see the big 50 coming closer with big steps.
I started playing/learning classical guitar with age 14 for a couple of years (6 or 7 don't know exactly).
Certain circumstances made me quit playing. Now I started again learning guitar with the help of guitar tricks on a different guitar.
Not my classical guitar is in focus. I switched over to an electrical guitar that I took over from a family member.

So am I a beginner? Yes and no. To my surprise I know how to play the old classical songs and exercises (in theory), but my fingers are out of practice and not even used to play. Finger strength and dexterity, hhmm, gone.
That is even a hard to accept fact and to be patient with myself.

So I started from the absolut beginning with the lessons here. Ouch, my fingertipps are not used to steel strings. Strumming and picking with a pick is new to me too.
Lot of things to (re)learn. But I'm into it and practicing every second day, starting with tuning and warm up (4 finger spiderlegs).
The days inbetween I'm memorizing the things I've learned so far or watch the theoretical lessons.
A few times a day I perform the stretching exercises for fingers and hand.

But a most important thing to mention is: I have a lot of fun.
# 1
paulbarbour64
Full Access
paulbarbour64
Full Access
06/13/2015 11:03 pm
Fun is the best key of all, enjoy.
# 2
eric.kaiser.de
Full Access
eric.kaiser.de
Full Access
06/14/2015 7:52 am
Absolutely.
I found a big difference in playing now and in past. In the past I couldn't play over a mistake I made. Now I can continue and even in the play alongs if I struggle I'm in again in the next measure.
# 3
paulbarbour64
Full Access
paulbarbour64
Full Access
06/14/2015 5:37 pm
I have always found it to be a series of seemingly impossible walls, you make progress and then there it is, 8 miles high.

It is of course not impossible, more practicing or sometimes taking a break or trying something completely different, in the meantime the brain has its own agenda and eventually those steps gradually build and the wall is not so big and eventually over the obstacle you go.

A feeling of great achievement until the next wall appears which will probably be bigger. Does not sound like fun but yet it is and is not meant to disheartened anyone, it's just to share that most of us find it tough at times, it's how you deal with it, give up or dig in😀

I find with age comes patience and the knowledge that I have traveled that road many times but always reached my destination.

One small step and all that

Music and time how lucky are we.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.