Starting Up Bass

paddybodenham
paddybodenham
06/22/2002 1:53 pm
Hi Guys.

Long time no see! I'vejust got back from being abroad for 6 months - I was in Salamanca playing in a funk/breakbeat band for 6 months so wasn't really able to get onto the net etc etc!

The bass guitarist in our band was ABSOLOUTELY incredible. He has inspired me to try and do something that might be a little contraversial. I've decided that insted of buying the Ibanez I've been saving for I'm going for a Bass instead. I know. Strange. But with the amount of treb. guitarists in this world around it's almost impossible to get yourself noticed so I'm going to give this one a little try.

Going on a bit of a budget I want to know if poss, WHAT SPECIAL KIT DO I NEED TO BUY IF I'M JUST GETTING A SIMPLE BASS TO START OFF ON? Do you need a special bass amp, cos I keep seeing them advertised or can you just use a big treble one? How much of it changes?

Ok. Take it easy everyone. Hope I hear from you all soon. Hope you're all on good form.

All the best.

P.
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
06/22/2002 1:59 pm
I used to play bass through a trebble amp all the time because it was the only thing I had available. When I tried out some bass amps I got a much more satisfying sound. Sadly I wouldnt know what to recommend as it was a while ago and my 'affair' with the bass guitar didnt last long before I went back to being devoted to the trebble.

If you havent already, check out Geddy Lee.....he's a wicked bass player :) (get his stuff with Rush....the solo album aint so great)
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 2
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
06/22/2002 2:24 pm
Last night, I played a gig on a bass,(I'm a rock guitarist, and it was a reggae gig, quite weird for me...) and I went through the PA... The sound was quite good!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.