Starting to learn Guitar but wanna be successful

mullac998
mullac998
03/20/2015 1:07 am
Hello, there guys i started playing the guitar again. I used to play it before

got a new guitar and started to learn again. The question is how do i become

successful like slash and ACϟDC i know you have to put effort into it but what i mean is what is their to do once you learned the guitar.
# 1
RussSnell111
RussSnell111
03/20/2015 5:48 am
Hey Mullac!
Ya know, there's a lot of competition out there wanting to be successful in guitar playing. They want to become great and also become famous. I've known a lot of guys that had the chops to be professional that just never made it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't try, I'm saying rearrange your view on success. Learn the guitar, and enjoy it! If you enjoy playing your guitar, that's success in itself. Then strive to get better for yourself. If you continue to do this and really enjoy what you're doing, it'll show in your playing. That will go a long way in getting into a well named band, or even forming one of your own. That enjoyment of playing is infectuous!
Never be too serious about your music. By that I mean don't be so hard on yourself if you make a mistake. Learn to find humor in it. And for heaven's sake, don't be hard on others if they are in a band with you and they make a mistake! Learn to relax and enjoy the journey!
I hope that helps!
# 2
Jure G
Jure G
03/20/2015 7:45 am
One of the biggest mistakes people make is, they don't educate themselves about music business! There are 10.0000000000 awesome guitarist in the world but only very few of them are successful. First thing you need to do is define the world success. Does this mean playing in a huge band touring the world? Or does it mean having a decent income form teaching guitar, or does it mean being the coolest studio musician that can nail what ever style the producer want. These are important questions that will help you define the steps you need to take. Most important think, whatever you decide, educate yourself about the industry you're about to enter!! Don't go there blindfolded and try to make it.
# 3
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
03/20/2015 4:02 pm
Originally Posted by: mullac998...what is their to do once you learned the guitar.

Add to the points made above; learning the guitar does not have an end point. There is always more to learn, more to practice, more room to improve.
"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 4
JeffS65
JeffS65
03/20/2015 4:33 pm
"I had to be reminded that the guitar is infinite. It never stops teaching you, it never stops being difficult; there's an unlimited amount of things to learn, and you'll never master it."

Kaki King
# 5
haghj500
haghj500
03/20/2015 6:29 pm
Once you learn guitar the hard part starts.

Finding other people who have the same likes in music as you do and are willing to spend 3 to 5 hours a day 3 to 5 days a week getting tight and ready to step up on the stage and blow them away. So when our names spreads it spreads like fire, not with laughs.

Trying to find a place to spend all that time practicing and the next place to play.

So much to be learned along the way.

But it is a great ride even if you never get to play more than 3 or 4 times.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.