Newbie to GT's but not a total newbie to the guitar

phil_tompkins_1970
phil_tompkins_1970
02/11/2015 1:27 pm
Hi guys

I'm Phil from Sheringham, Norfolk in the UK. I used to play Guitar in the late 1980's. I never did get very good but always had fun. In November 2014 the urge to start playing again struck so I purchased a Jackson SDX and a Fender Frontman and completed a simple on-line course. I found Guitar Tricks a few months ago and have been contemplating joining-up ever since; to cut a long story short my wife got fed up with me umming and arring and bought me a 3 month subscription just to keep me quiet, so here I am.

I'm starting with the very basics again but hopefully 'rockin' soon.

Favourite bands are Iron Maiden AC/DC etc etc. I've seen Mikes Iron Maiden style lesson although it may be some time before I'm confident enough to attempt that lol.

Best
Phil
# 1
ryentzer
ryentzer
02/12/2015 2:06 am
Welcome! I did a lot of contemplating before finally joining also. Glad I did. It's been worth it for me. I've been impressed with the lessons and the Core System of training.

Good luck!
# 2
JeremyRodriguez
JeremyRodriguez
02/12/2015 9:39 pm
Hello! Welcome! I am just a free member at the moment so I have no access to lessons. I do have to admit this place is excellent for the price they charge, so you have joined the right place!

Also, I'm glad your passion for guitar came back!
14 Day Mini Course That Boosted My Alternate Picking by 30 BPM In Less Than a Week at NO COST at www.transformmusically.com

FREE Download of Forsake Me Not's debut single and annual VIP membership! Limited spots at www.forsakemenot.com
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.