View post (Tremolo tuning issues!)

View thread

ameen_s23
ameen_s23
01/29/2015 6:56 pm
I have an Ibanez guitar with a Strat style tremolo system (Ibanez version of it). Until a few weeks ago, the trem was working kinda fine, but suddenly, the strings started pulling detuning too easily (especially 3rd). So I set up the guitar so that the trem stays in tune, which it does. But when I bend a string (with my fingers), it goes flat. The moment I dip the whammy bar, it gets back to where it was. This is interfering with my playing, as I bend the 3rd string a lot. I know that pulling the string hard on a trem makes it go flat, but it was never this sensitive. This happened after I put on a new set of strings, but I the problem is continuing after putting on another new set. I did widen and slightly deepen the nut slots to allow easier sliding of the string, but this could not possibly be the reason. I also changed my preferred string gauge from 9 to 10. I need solutions, because I cannot find any solution elsewhere, and I really enjoy playing with the tremolo, and don't want to hardtail it.
Thanks
Ameen