The Channel

darkfrett
darkfrett
11/09/2014 4:44 pm
Hi,

I really miss the 2 lessons per week that Neal was doing. What happened to Neal? Is he still with GT?

Anyway, you have some great tutorials. I would have loved to see this quality of tutorial in 1970. Actually, there were no tutorials at all in 1970 that I knew of.

And it is amazing how effortless you make it look. Really enjoyed fat bottom girls. I went completely through it over a year ago. I still can't remember all the different rhythms and keep them separated. Any hints?

I have tackled several of your tutorials. They are all very good. I am very glad there is a place for people to go to for some real tutorials. Thanks for you efforts. I'm sure some of those songs was not easy for you, although you do make it look easy.

Best Wishes,
df
# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
11/10/2014 6:07 pm
Hey df!

Neal left GT at the beginning of the year. I miss his lessons too!!

Thanks for the kind words about the tutorials. I have a blast teaching these iconic tunes! Sometimes it can be a challenge to remember all the variations that can happen in a song like Fat Bottom Girls. I've found the only way to really internalize and memorize them is repetition. You have to drill that song over and over until you can hear every detail playing back inside your head!

In the meantime, making a little "cheat sheet" can help during that process too!

Hope this helps! Keep rockin',
Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.