View post (Les paul classic or Standard)

View thread

Thomyorke575
Thomyorke575
06/16/2002 8:05 pm
Thanks guys,

I agree its always nice to play a guitar first however the two I have right now I bought on ebay and love.

Ironically I had an ibanez which I played and liked so I bought, the same for an ovation. I sold both of those and bought a thinline tel on ebay and a matin d-16gt on ebay. The two I bought on ebay I like much much more than those which I got at guitar center.

I agree its better to play an axe first b/f buying one but can you really tell in just say 10-30 if a guitar is right for you? I personally can't it takes me about a month, I like to try different strings maybe change the action even things as small as a different pick. Thats just me, I got a good deal I think I paid $1175 with shipping included for the lp classic prem plus. Its a 2001 and in new condition, I also love the trans amber finish. Even if I dont like it I think I could sell it for more than that. There's another on ebay right now for $1650+shipping so I think I got a good deal.

Maybe I just got lucky with my ebay experiences but everything I have bought I love and would never pay real retail prices again. I just cant say enough good things about ebay. I'd suggest looking their first if you know what your looking for.

Thanks to all,

Thomyorke