View post (An improvisation try)

View thread

maggior
maggior
11/03/2014 3:00 pm
Tried!?!?! I'd say you succeeded!!! That was awesome!!! Well done! Very clean articulate playing, and the tone sounded really nice.

As far as suggestions...

I really liked where you gave the music some space. There were a few spots where it seemed like a really long run of notes that could have used some space. Think of a singer or a horn player needing to take a breath.

Rusty's idea of adding more double stops to add drama and emotion is a good one. The ones you had in there sounded really good.

For the sections that become more intense, you could perhaps add some more dirt to the tone to acknowledge the intensity. You can do this by setting your amp so it is just about to "break up" and dig in with your pick more. Another approach is to set the amp up the same way (about to break up) and roll back your volume knob on your guitar a smidge. When you hit the intense part, you turn the volume all of the way up.

Another idea is to play some more riffs on the bass strings for more tonal variety. There you can bring the intensity level dooowwwwnnn....if you know what I mean.

Keep it up...that was some great playing!!