View post (Latest open mic performance)

View thread

maggior
maggior
10/16/2014 1:09 pm
Hey Steve -

He rambles that stuff unscripted. Even Ivan (whom he was referring to with the Whales comment) was looking at him like "what are you talking about!?!?). I'll be sure to give him a small geography lesson next time I see him :-). I wasn't sure, but I thougth to myself at the time "I think the Welsh consinder themselves Welsh, not English".

Thanks for your kind words. Yes, John, our bass player, has really bloomed as a bass player. Guitar is actually his first instrument. I personally like his bass playing better than guitar. He does some really great bass runs on China Grove.

My solos were OK. On Wanted Dead or Alive, I kept missing and fumbling for my "landing notes".

I Shot the Sherrif will be the next time we play out. Last night we got it down pretty well at rehearsal. I solo over a mellow intro and solo on a rocking outro. Beacuse it was hard for me to improvise something and keep count of what measure we were on, I asked if they minded if I just did my thing and then I signalled them...they said sure!! So I'll have my blues improv spotlight :-). Album side guitar jam here we come!! (Not really, I wouldn't do that to them ;-).

Regarding paid gigs - I think you are right. The issue at this point is building up our setlist. We are on course for having 2 sets by next summer. Next summer we hope to start playing "real" gigs, and get paid a bit too.

Cheers!!