Maton EBG 808CL

bookas58
bookas58
10/14/2014 10:18 pm
Just took delivery of my new Maton EBG 808CL yesterday and so far I'm impressed with build quality and tone . It has a bunya top and maple back and sides with solid maple neck and rosewood fretboard . Tuners are Grover Rotomatics . When I first picked it up out of the case I thought OMG this is light , but after a quick tuneup , Iwas amazed at how loud it is for a smaller bodied acoustic . I am not avery big guy so the smaller body suits me and I wanted a bit more treble twang for acoustic blues . Set up straight out of the case was not as low as would have liked , but I will have it adjusted after it has had a few hours playing time . It could also be that Ihave been spoilt after years of playing well set up electrics . The finish is satin which looks good and hopefully save me from polishing fingerprints .The onboard electronics are Maton AP5 , no bells and whistles , just volume ,bass , treble and a rotary mids and frequency control for controlling feedback . Controls are positioned on the downhill side od the lower bout ,which keeps them out of the way .Presently , I don't have an acoustic amp , but when plugged into my my Egnater Rebel 30 it has a clear workable sound ,which will only improve with an amp with with higher fidelity . Overall , good value for money
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
10/15/2014 12:09 am
Beautiful guitar! Thanks for the post.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
bookas58
bookas58
10/15/2014 12:23 am
Thanks Jon ,forgot to say that I love the smell of freshly worked timber , Maton puts the date of manufacture next to the serial number inside the sound hole and this one was only made last month
# 3
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
10/15/2014 12:38 am
I know what you mean! I love it when you can smell the guitar while you play it.
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.