Whoa! This rocks!

BlackBox
BlackBox
06/05/2002 2:54 pm
Last night I go over to my drummers house. Aight, nothing specail we were pretty much just playing cause we had anything to do. All of a sudden I go into Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit and he hits the drums like at the same time and like plays it perfect. I got this really wierd feeling like adrenaline running throughout my body like this huge rush or something it was one of the coolest things that ever happend to me. And the greatest part is that I just went on playing Teen Spirit and right at the beggining when It goes into distortion after the short (clean) intro he just kept playing and it was all on accident. Has this ever happend to any of you guys? like when you first started playing?
Rock on.
# 1
James8831
James8831
06/05/2002 3:48 pm
Yeah,nice one..I first did this a few years back jammming with a friend on "Gloria" (me, bass part on Telecaster[?] him on Strat lead)this turned out to be the Hendrix (alch. induced) long version it was memorable because we were taping at the time ...got one of those long pauses then just hit back into it RIGHT on the beat and together..this shocked us so much that we stopped playing (thank god) after a few more bars, I think he started singing....... That one sticks in the memory. I guess it's when you find a real musical chemistry, long may it continue.
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 2
THE_HACK_PACK
THE_HACK_PACK
06/05/2002 4:24 pm
That happened with a good friend of mine,except this drummer was on a tangent playing what sounded in my ears to be "Everybody Wants Some" from Van halen,and I ripped ot all that whammy,pick noise and crap,and he had this big grin on hs face.I guess it's synergy,that connection you make when yuo play with someone awhile.
CAKE or DEATH????

Ummmmmmm,Cake Please,,Oh,It's Very Nice.
-Eddie Izzard-
# 3
Bardsley
Bardsley
06/06/2002 6:59 am
A friend of mine, who is a brilliant pianist, and I for some reason just click. Unlike other friends who, when we jam I always get frustrated at what seems like constant crossed musical wires, with Daniel we can just groove for hours on end and play off each other so well. Part of it is that he is so good that he knows when to play, when not to, how to bring out new directions in the music, etc, but that's waht I spend heaps of time trying to do too, unlike most of my other friends who just seem to like settling in to a song too much for my liking.
A little while ago I came up with this Dorian riff/bass line that he really dug, and all he did was listen for about three bars (enough to build upp tension in the fact that it was just my guitar playing) before coming in with these awesome jazzy chords that jsut worked perfectly. For the next twenty minutes we just played off each other beautifully, somehow anticipating what the other was gooing to do and so spontaneously inverting the riff, changing the key centre, etc in what has to be one of the musical highlights of my life as a guitar player. We recorded it, and a couple of friends turned up as we were playing it back and said something like "gee that CD has **** sound quality" before we let them know it was just us and their jaws dropped. Of course, as soon as they joined in the jam they kept asking things like "when should I change to the next riff?" etc, and it just didn't get there again. Thanks for reminding me of that night, it was wonderful.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.