View post (Guitarstyle debate)

View thread

caponi14
caponi14
10/13/2014 9:34 am
Thank for all for sharing your thoughts on this matter. You all write good stuff that has made my mind think alot while reading it, which is properly a good thing.

On my personal journey I -for the moment, don't really know myself. I can't really seem to know what i want to be able to play, or do with my playing in the longer run. In the beginning when i started to play guitar i thought to myself ''Hey! I just want to sound like Slash in every aspect''... But recently those thoughts have moved further from me. I have recently been playing some ''John Mayer type more mellow stuff'' and i enjoy his music alot. But still from time to time, i have the urges to play all the parts that Slash is playing, and i actually get a bit annoyed when he releases a new album, cause then there is all the new parts to learn :confused: this may seem like a strange idea to some, but thats how i feel.. it's a stupid addiction really.... Why would i want to play the stuff note for note, another guitar player has already mastered before me and be a stupid clone... Maybe we should stop thinking so much, and just live to play in the present moment, no matter what that might be...

I would like to thank you all for your oppinion on the matter, i have enjoyed reading you're thoughts

regards from a confused and lost guitar player
Casper