View post (Guitarstyle debate)

View thread

divekeys
Full Access
divekeys
Full Access
09/19/2014 4:38 pm
Do you guys think every player is somewhat predetermined to head off in a certain direction with their playing style.?

So that is why i thought that maybe your in some sense predetermined to head off in a certain direction with your playing?

Let me know what you guys think about this :)[/QUOTE]

I think the logical answer to this is, yes. The songs I enjoy are the ones I try to emulate. Its natural then for someone learning songs to learn the ones they connect with the most.
The second part of this I believe is practice. You learn what you practice the most. Regardless of what that is, you are naturally going to practice much more of what you want to play. You develop the most skill on the type of playing you practice the most. It begins to feel the most comfortable and becomes easier to you. NO ONE was good at playing ANYthing until they practiced it over and over and over.
That being said whether you want to increase your speed or soulfulness spend the majority of your time practicing that and keep yourself happy by mixing in what you're already good at and I believe anyone can adapt any play style.