View post (New blues jam - Am this time)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
10/09/2014 6:17 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorWe have an open mic tonight. I'll be recording audio and somebody should be taking video. The past couple of nights I put in about 4 hours of practicing these 3 songs, so I hope to nail it. If not, with that much rehearsal I should be able to gracefully recover from any mistakes. Mistakes always happen, but I find if I practice a lot before hand, my mistakes often just turn into just a bit of a detour...which isn't a bad thing necessarily!

2 of the songs we've done already, but one of them is new.

Our plan is to do at least one open mic a month. IStS should be ready for next month.

I'm a fan of Mark and of Dire Straits and Telegraph Road is one of my favorite songs of theirs...but it's probably been 10 or 15 years since I've listened to it! I'll have to dig that song out... It's definitely possible that song is an influence.

I'm glad I can continue to inspire some folks here! I'll definitely share the recordings once they are available.

I knew it! There's definitely some Knopfler in your playing. To be honest, Telegraph Road is actually one of my favorites by Dire Straits too! That, and Industrial Disease...

I'm gonna have to try and get some kind of recording done soon so you can hear that... I hope I've improved since last time I shared my own playing. If nothing else, my style has become much more diverse and less centered around only four guitarists :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...