View post (New blues jam - Am this time)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
08/21/2014 4:07 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorHe he he...I've created an earworm :-). That's gotta be some sort of milestone!

Steve - I'm glad you enjoyed it! I thought you might!

I'm going to try remixing this to make it sound more "professional". I think my guitar is a little bit to forward in the mix and sounds too dry. It will be a good exercise. The way it is now, every single small hesitation jumps out at you. There's a rawness to it, kind of like Jack White, but that's not exactly the sound I'm after.

As we develop our setlist, I'll definitely keep the idea in mind of including a small blues jam like this. I think Steve is right that it could provide a good counterpoint and kind of "bring things down" for a bit. It give our singer a break. Hey, if it worked for GnR, why not us!?!?!

Depending on how you do it, you can either bring things down for a while or you can use it to build up tension for the last song to make it sound even cooler than without the jam. And what better moment to place it than right between Band Introductions and the final song? I've seen a local band do this with great results. The possibilities are numerous :) Of course, the most important part is that everyone is having fun.

I've just read a few comments about the Zoom G5 "US Blues" preset, and as far as I can tell, it seems to be based on a '59 Fender Bassman amplifier, not a '57 Fender Deluxe. But hey, I got the brand and decade right, which I find pretty amazing. And I still think it sounds more like a Fender Deluxe than a Bassman...
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...