View post (Rock, Old Rock!? HENDRIX?)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
06/03/2002 1:37 pm
Pickin4life, welcome to the forum. I haven't been around here much recently, which is why I don't think we have exchanged any messages before, but let me say good luck in your learning, etc.
One thing about this bulletin board is that, to a large extent, there aren't really any cliques, or groups here that regularly bad mouth each other. While quite often (especially in open threads) different groups emerge to take sides in an almost predictable way, it rarely ends in slurring the other people.
Unlike forums like Harmony Central (which I have looked at a bit recently due to their dedicated froums to recording and Mac OS), Guitartricks is special in the way everyone here has done their best to limit that sort of behaviour (also, moderators here are FAR faster to remove stuff than they are). My basic point is, if you want to bad mouth Incidents Happen, fine, and he can do it to you, but you're unlikely to find a whole lot of people backing you up, because we get kinda tight here.
Lots of people here aren't afraid to voice their opinons, and say "I think that is a stupid thing to say, etc", but no one really gets to personal attacks, and that's how we like it.
I hope I don't sound like a wanker or anything, but I just wanted to highlight something about this forum that seems pleasantly unique. We are a community, and we always welcome people into it, but once you're in, it's not like there are any sides to join.
Again, good luck in the mus
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".