View post (Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?)

View thread

THE_HACK_PACK
THE_HACK_PACK
06/06/2002 1:15 pm
I know Tom Morrello is copying the turntuble,geez,but if yiou were simply going to scratch,do it Tom's way.
I had the ,I guess misfortune of spening summmers with my aunt in the Bronx as a youngin,so I have memories of the birth of Rap.I remember beingshocked that other kids my age had never heard of KISS,Ozzy or Sabbath.I played "School's Out" fro Cooper,and they went nuts,like I wrote it.

Anyway,my point is I rarely hear the turn-table in these metal bands,I have both Slipknots,Mushroomhead,these are big turntable bands,I don't hear it.I don't think teens see those bands and think,"hey I gotta learn to play the turn-table".Any fool can DJ.I got stuck cuing tapes and cds at a wedding reception,I had people shakin my hand afterwards,askin where my next appearence would be,I'm like HUH???

And what on slam on Guns 'N Roses.In 1987,G'n R,WAS Nirvana,Appetite hads great songs,and the album rollled back a few years,with a bluesy foundation,and dirty Les Pauls,and gritty Production.There is not a bad song on Appetite,the other albums,SuCK.

I love Nirvana maybe I'm not making that clear,but I was jammin like every other young adult to teen spirit,and I thouht wow,thse song is heavy,I bet the guitar solo's gonna be amazing!!!
Then we heard it,we still loved the song,but we knew what was coming,we were able to relate to the dinosaurs.
The session player became a thing of the past,as far as a good sololist.

So we all had to adapt,and find a middle ground,so inevitably when I had to play Teen Spirit in a cover band,like most people did,I realized n one cares what kind of solo is in this,cuz the tue just rocks.
So I pretty much played Yngwie thru the whole solo,no one cared,the song still rocked,and everyone was happy.

If I an find the middle ground,why can't EMP-TY-V.
CAKE or DEATH????

Ummmmmmm,Cake Please,,Oh,It's Very Nice.
-Eddie Izzard-