View post (Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
06/06/2002 11:07 am
lol, I wasn't having a go at shredders. It's the idea that musicainship is the true proof of a musiains worth (which it isn't).
(Anyway, Punk origninated in the US... its just that Malcom Mclaren came here with it, and for a couple of years it changed dramatically, and got big).
Tom merollo is coppying turntables, not the other way round, heheh.
I mean, just listen to the Suga hill gang, or Grand master flash, and you'll see what turn tables can do.
In my oppinion, you should have BOTH, musicainship, and some kinda depth to your music... kinda like hendrix/ zepplin etc etc. I'm very intrested in shredding but not in the Way Via does, just in small doses.
Also Nirvanan did something intresting, they were surounded by poeple like GnR/ MEtalica/ Slayer etc etc, these were poeple who could play, but couldn't write a song to save thier life. Nirvana tilted the balance the other way, they could write great songs, but couldn't really play to save their lives. And that was refreshing, and it's good to learn from both groups, and remove what you dont like.