View post (Now that I've heard them for myself,what was the big deal with The Beetles?Presley?.?)

View thread

kingdavid
kingdavid
06/04/2002 10:44 am
First off,I'm(only?)23,and didn't realise many of you dudes were that old.Notice how many threads contain this phrase :"I was.....back then..."?If you were anything in the same time the beetles were doing their thing,man,you're old.:)
And now to my post
Originally posted by Blaksmith
You're kidding, right?
I'm not kidding.I've heard them,and they didn't move me the way music moves me.Period.
Before I set a bad tone, I will ask you to listen to the simplistic magic from both.
Like I said,I didn't feel them.
There will NEVER, EVER be another song writing team like Lennon/McCartney.
Now,as long as mankind exists,on planet Earth or elsewhere,the kind of man will always shine.Allf***ingways.You think if Graham Bell suffered a heart attack the day before that now famous call to one Watson,we wouldn't have telephones today,not to mention celly's?I don't think so.
You imagine if the Wright brothers were Siamese twins,Collin Powell would be going to the Middle East by boat?I don't.
With all due respect to all the great people that have walked this planet,none of them had 2500C.C of brains,and the rest of us mere mortals have the standard issue 1500.Necessity is the mother of invention.Henry ford occupies the place he does in world history and the automobile industry because Daimler Benz's invention spawned a problem that needed Ford's kind of genius to solve.Even if he hadn't done it,it was bound to happen.Proof:What GM,under Alfred Sloan,later did to Ford,the company.
It is my everlasting belief that even though the Beatles had the kind of effect they did,had they suffered Lynyrd Skynyrd's fate early on,the music scene would still have changed.This race is the ultimate.Not individuals.So don't tell me about there "Never ever" being another team like Lennon and McCartney.You haven't heard my songs.Or Mary's.You asking who's Mary?She's a human being,that's what she is.
Ditto from elsewhere:
If you look at most of the Beatles songs, you'll see "written by Lennon-McCartney". The truth is that they co-wrote only about five percent of those songs. Lennon wrote about 15% by himself and McCartney wrote all the others by himself. They had agreed, from the start, to put both there names on all of their songs regardless of who wrote them in order to simplify matters and to put the good of the band ahead of everything else. It worked fine for them, they never had any disagreements over this.

[/B]

Our experiences are what mold us into what we become.So maybe if I'd been born in the sixties(with all other factors,like parents,wealth....constant),I wouldn't be who I am today.As in what I am now at 23 would be different from what I would be at 23 then.But still,I wonder if I'd been moved by these guys,inspite of what you guys are saying.Maybe I would.But then again,a lot of people are into the WWF wrestling,and I aint.And I'm into soccer(this world cup is screwing me up.I started my end-of-semester exams yesterday.Can you imagine how reading for the exams is?)and some people aren't.
So I dunno.

[Edited by kingdavid on 06-04-2002 at 05:54 AM]