Line 6 JTV-89F Variax

mag1500
mag1500
06/27/2014 8:36 pm
Does anybody own or has anybody on here had a chance to play the Line 6 JTV-89F? I am looking into buying this guitar but all of the local dealers (Guitar Center, Sam Ash, etc.) don't have it in store to demo. They will order it for me online but I am perfectly capable of doing that myself. Why use a middle man? Besides, I don't like to buy an instrument without getting my hands on it and taking it for a spin first but if I really had to I would try and gather as much info on it as possible before i made the purchase. So any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!
# 1
TheGM
TheGM
06/28/2014 7:12 pm
Hi mag 1500. Hi have the line 6 JTV-59 P90. And i love it there is a lot of guitar there and it takes time to understand all it can do. It has many different types of guitar models it can sound like, various Fenders Telecasters, Stratocasters, gibsons, Les Pauls, Fierbrird V, Gretschs, Rickenbacker, some acoustic Martin and Gibson 6/12string guitars and a banjo mode as well as a sitar mode. It is very playable and sounds great. I love it as i said and i use only a small portion of what it can do I have a lot more to learn but it is fun learning while playing and experimenting. I bought it through a middle man they had a 30 day policy if i did not like it i could return it for a full refund. Plus i used there performance warranty any issues they fix it at no cost and give you a replacement until it is fixed. I Have not needed it for the guitar but my POD HD 500 need fixing and i got a new one to use until mine came back fixed, NO CHARGE!! So some times the middle man is worth it, if it is the right middle man. Just saying.

Have a great day!
# 2
mag1500
mag1500
06/28/2014 11:24 pm
Thank you for your response GM. I can only barley imagine what I will be able to do with the JTV-89F and I know it will open up many more doors for me as a guitar player. That is why I have been trying to find a dealer localy that has one in stock to demo. The feature that really caught my interest at first was the ability to change tunings on the fly. I really want to experiment with different tunings but trying to get my current gear to hold them and sound good is a challenge and a drain on my limited practice time. As far as going through the middle man, the sales manager at Guitar Center did say that there was a 30 day satisfaction policy and so does ZZsounds where I have been buying most of my resent gear. I do have a cousin whose husband is a sales manager at Sam Ash and she said he would hook me up but I've heard that one before. I do have another question I would like to ask you since you did mention that you had a POD HD 500. Do you need to have a POD HD 500 to utilize the modeling software for your JTV-59? I just got a AMPLIFY FX100 a couple of months ago and it would be a shame if I had to go out and get the POD HD 500 to be able to utilize all off the great options that the JTV-89F has to offer.

Have a great weekend!!!!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.