View post (Your Set up?)

View thread

Thomyorke575
Thomyorke575
06/09/2002 8:08 pm
"Have you ever tried a Visual sound Route 66 or a Jaques Fuseblower II? Those are cool too".

No I have not. I did alot of research and finally decided to go with the maxon od808, I loved it I actually loved it so much I decided to get another like trey anastasio(uses two I believe), but before I bought another I thought why not do some more research and find out if their is another od that may be even better. Well there is it the big bro to the od808 it is called the Maxon pro series od820. Wow!!! I didnt know that od could kick this much a**. Its much better than the od808, or any tube screamer mods or reissues or probally even the real deal. It is similar to the od808 however has two of the coveted jrc chips and tons of headroom. It is not meant to be a solo distorion pedal however it probally could be used as one depending on your tone preference. Well I hve my set up like this now.

Fender 69' thinline telecaster reissue MIJ
Vision wah
Voodoo-1
Z Vex octane 3 (wow!!!!!!is this a pedal or what)
Voodoo Vibe
Z Vex lo-fi loopy looper
mxr analog delay
fender Blues Jr amp

My tone is unreal, when I pickup my guitar I dont want to put it down the sounds I can create would have Hendrix in ough, however I couldnt imagine what a genious like hendrix could do with my setup. As you may or may not know from my setup I love hendrix and the hendrixian tone and style, I'm also a big jimmy page fan!