Hello... again

ren
ren
06/06/2014 5:31 pm
Hi... I'm ren.

Been a member for 9 years, former moderator and news monkey but owing to some fairly tough times in life I think it must have been a good 4 years since I've dropped in here. Lost the love of playing for a while

Still playing guitar, started when I was 8... which is now 29 years ago - mostly in the excessive 80s style but balanced with classical. Still in to 'pink & pointy' guitars - Ibanez, Jackson, Charvel and left my comfort zone with a PRS custom 24 recently.

I now after all my family has been through have a wife, 2 children and a dog... living a relatively quiet life and mostly playing and composing for TV / radio. Have finished with the Royal Schools of Music and now doing a DipLCM with the London college on the road to fellowship.

Don't know if anyone I knew then is still here now... but hello again guitartricks... good to see you.

Ren

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 1
maggior
maggior
06/06/2014 6:20 pm
Hi Ren -

I wasn't here when you were here before, but welcome back. Sounds like you came through the other end of your tough times. It's cool that you've been composing!

Coming from "pink and pointy" guitars, I would think the PRS Custom 24 wouldn't feel tremendously different to you. I had one for a bit (and S2) and it is a great guitar! It wasn't exactly for me, but I won't deny it's a great guitar. Good luck with it!
# 2
Schmidtrock
Schmidtrock
06/08/2014 11:23 pm
Welcome back!
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today ~James Dean
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.