View post (Back in a band)

View thread

haghj500
haghj500
08/08/2014 4:10 am
Originally Posted by: maggior
Making these posts helps me deal with any anxiety, even when nobody responds.

!

I enjoy reading them, they bring back a lot of memories. Even when I don't respond.....

So jump on that Roller Coaster, hang on tight because there will be times that you will want to scream. Different screams for different emotions, just remember its all part of the ride. There is too much going on beyond your control, so do your best. It wouldn't be a bad thing if when people leave they remember the guitar player seemed the best out of that band.

This is an opportunity to introduce yourself to fellow players, SHINE this is show and tell time. Who knows what may happen afterward, you might get a job offer from another band that is more advanced that what your in now.

Listen to the drummer, connect with the song and play, be in the moment. What just happened and what will happen later in you life, at that moment does not matter. If you do that you can't help but enjoy it and that's the goal.

Worrying about what may go wrong is a waste of you're time, doing it or hanging on to it, will not help you. In fact it often causes the problem right?

So, if you go watch a band say at a local bar and stay there for 3 to 5 hours. Would you want to watch and listen to a band for 3 hours that all the guitar players just stand and play or would you think it is cooler or more enjoyable if they move around. Create movement on the stage, something to watch even if it's not choreographed. You're presenting more than how well you play your guitar.

Hope you find something in this response useable.