View post (Back in a band)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
08/04/2014 4:39 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorYes, you find inspiration from the simplest things, like guitar picks! Are they custom picks or can you tell what brand and thickness they are?

Good luck with your bass player. Hope things get off the ground for you.

Well, the surface of the picks feels much like the surface of some Aerosmith Dunlop Tortex picks I have, and by comparing them to the Aerosmith ones, they're 0.6mm thick (I got a small pick-tin with 6 Aerosmith-logo picks in at the Aerosmith gig almost two months ago. Haven't used those picks because they're special). So I'd say they're just custom-designed Dunlop Tortex 0.6mm picks with the Electric Guitars-logo on one side and Mika's name and signature on the other. Still some very good picks, though.

Thanks. I'm hoping things work out with this guy. From talking to him, he seems like a cool guy, and he's interested in playing the same weird mixture of Classic Rock, Hair Metal and modern "Heavy Rock" as I am, so I'm pretty sure things might just work out. Apparently he was also at the Aerosmith concert, and rocked his rear end off during Pretty Maids' set, so if we have trouble finding something to play, those two bands should provide plenty of great options (and plenty of both Aerosmith's and Pretty Maids' songs are on my ever-growing list of songs to learn anyway)... :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...