View post (Blues in Bm Jam Take 3 w/LP)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
07/23/2014 7:45 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorThe song list we have now is totally stuck in the 60's and 70's. I sent out a list of songs from the 80's and 90's I think we could do. Other members in the band have never heard of either the songs or bands. Perhaps we should call our band Generation Gap :-).

There is a ton of great stuff from the 60's and 70's to play. I'm starting to understand why some players are in multiple bands. If I want to play some newer and heavier stuff, I may need to find an addional band to play in.

One step at a time though...gotta get this band off the ground. We are poised for take-off...

I just found out a moment ago, while reading the newspaper, that the town I live in is actually pretty much like Hollywood in the 80's. There's a very healthy music-scene in the local area, with the musicians displaying a generally high level of technical proficiency, and it's been right under my nose this whole time. I'm actually quite surprised, considering that there's no decent gear store within 25 kilometers. The only gear store in town is a small shack that only carries Ibanez guitars and Solid-State Amps... And the guitar-teachers in the area aren't even nearly as good as the ones found here. Heck, Guitar Fundamentals 1 covers more material than the guitar-teachers in town do in a year, which is just plain sad. But, I should be able to find someone to start a band if I just put up an advert in the right spots :) Might get me moving forward a bit faster.
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...