View post (Blues in Bm Jam Take 3 w/LP)

View thread

Kasperow
Kasperow
07/23/2014 2:02 pm
Originally Posted by: maggiorTo make my space inspring, I have an "Abbey Road" road sign hanging over my desk. I'm a pretty big Beatles fan and Abbey Road is my favorite album of theirs. I also have a poster on the wall with Jimmy Page, Bob Marley, Jimi Hendrix, and Pete Townsend on it that I got for free from Musician's Friend.

I've never played through a stack before...just combo amps. The rehearsal space we will be using in a couple of weeks has 2 - a Marshall and a Crate. They aren't equipped with tube heads, but they are stacks with 4x12 cabs! That should be interesting :-).

I suppose saying I've played through a Stack is an overstatement. I've tried a few, and most of them were awesome. I can say the same thing about the Peavey Valveking combo and some of the Fender Tube Combos. Heck, right now, the most used amp model in my Fender Mustang is the '57 Deluxe Reverb, solely because of its beautiful tone. I'm not quite sure what the difference between the different Reverb amps is, though (Deluxe Reverb, Twin Reverb, Princeton Reverb and so on)... Fender FUSE doesn't exactly help me much there, even though I have all models available in my Mustang...

Right now, I just have my gear, my studio computer with Ableton and two posters on the walls. One of The Beatles, one of the cover-art to Appetite For Destruction. I'm going to see if I can get a decently sized black-and-white print of a close-up photo I got of Joe Perry at an Aerosmith gig last month and hang that up on the wall too. I still can't believe I was standing less than 15 meters from Joe most of the time!
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...