House of the RISING SUN by the ventures

mickyboy1
mickyboy1
05/03/2014 10:29 am
Hi all who read this , does any body know where i can get tab sheet for the
Ventures version of HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN, Perhaps an instructor on here would like to do a lesson on it ,thanks for any help.
Mick
# 1
Kasperow
Kasperow
05/03/2014 11:29 am
Hey Mick.

GT already has the version made famous by Eric Burdon and The Animals, so I doubt there will be lessons on the version by The Ventures. I don't really know what the difference between the two version is, though (if there is any). I suggest you try posting in the "song request" section for full subscribers. It's more likely that your request will receive the attention of the people in charge of getting permissions :)

I can recommend that you try looking at sheetmusicplus.com. They have sheet music and tabs for lots of great songs, so it would certainly be a good place to start. You can also buy the tab/sheet music as digital downloads so you don't have to wait a few days. That way, you can print the tab right away. The free alternative, which may not be as accurate, is that you try searching for it on ultimate-guitar.com. Keep in mind that the tab you find there doesn't have any notation, so you'll need to figure out the rhythm by ear.

I hope this helps just a bit :)
"Commit yourself to what you love, and things will happen."
- Mika Vandborg, Electric Guitars, "Follow Your Heart"
---
Gear:
Chateau PS-10 Cherry Power-Strat
Epiphone G-400 LTD 1966 Faded Worn Cherry
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Ebony (w/ Oil City Pickups Scrapyard Dog PLUS pickups)
Epiphone ES-345 Cherry
Fender 2014 Standard Stratocaster Sunburst
Martin DX1K Acoustic
Fender Mustang II Amplifier
Jet City Amplification JCA22H Tube-head and JCA12S+ cabinet
Pedals...
# 2
mickyboy1
mickyboy1
05/03/2014 12:28 pm
The ventures version of house of the rising sun is a lead guitar based version without hammond organ fantastic version, there is also a American rock version by a ban called Frigid Pink also excellent google and watch i'm sure all blues and rock fans will like, in the meantime would like the Ventures verion of house of the rising sun in tabs . enjoy
# 3
pattyb5
pattyb5
05/10/2014 12:17 pm
Originally Posted by: mickyboy1Hi all who read this , does any body know where i can get tab sheet for the
Ventures version of HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN, Perhaps an instructor on here would like to do a lesson on it ,thanks for any help.
Mick

try to track down a copy of this book: You Can Do It: Play Guitar Dammit!

it has a very good (ventures like version) arrangement of that song. It is also very accessible as well. good luck!
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.